Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So I guess I am a "crunchy" mom, and it works...

... for me. But it seems that everyone has an opinion on what I do with my kids. Even my grandmother will fight me tooth and nail regarding my opinion about carseats.

It's not to say that my choices are "right" in any way. But they are right for me and my family! I think as moms, we all want to be the best we can be. We all make decisions that we feel are right for our kids. Just because someone does it differently, doesn't mean they are wrong. They are just different. And that is what makes the world interesting!

So what makes me "crunchy"?
I'm pro-breastfeeding.
I waited until after 6 months to start solid foods with Mason.
I co-sleep.
I think my baby sling is the greatest invention. EVER. I LOVE IT.
I kept Gavin rear-facing until two years old (before it was advised by the AAP) and plan to do the same with Mason.
I cloth diaper. (Well, most of the time! I'm getting back into it! Mason is in cloth right now.)
I disagree with CIO sleep training for babies, and yes, I get up to soothe Mason every time he wakes... even if it's 6 times or more a night! YAWN.

Those are just my beliefs. And they work for me. I think everyone has the right to do what they want for their kids (within reason, of course - there are plenty of things that we can all agree are BAD). The way that I parent isn't the only way to parent - we are all raising wonderful children just the way we want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment