Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Conversations with Gavin

Gavin is just two months shy of his 3rd birthday. He is the most amazing kid. Every day I realize more and more how lucky I am to be his mom! We have just the best conversations.

The other day we were in the car. We had stopped for ice cream and he found 57 cents in my console, which he put in his pocket. While we were driving back home, he was telling me how he was going to spend his money. It went like this:

"Mama, I'm gonna buy you a new car. And daddy a car. And Masey a car. And I'm gonna buy you a new house, by those trees. I'll get you a zebra in your house, but no scary lions. I'll get you a birdie, but no scary spiders. I'll keep you safe, mama."

This morning, he woke up and was telling me about what happened when Grandma came to visit last night:

"Grandma came over. She brought me a new toy. It makes different shapes. She brought me jelly beans. That make me happy." Hops out of bed, lays on the floor. "I want to think about animals, mama. What do spiders eat? What do lions eat? Do lions eat steak? Lions have sharp teeth. Dolphins no have sharp teeth. Dolphins have round teeth. What do a hippopotumus do?"

Every day he surprises me more and more with what he knows, and I love talking to him.

I love you, Gav! Keep being the amazing kid you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment