Thursday, November 18, 2010

Organizing...

So we have this big house, with tons of storage. But it annoys me because it's still as disorganized as our small apartment was. Just now, the disorganization (is that a word?) is spread out over more square footage!

I've had a stack of cloth diapers on my end table for... probably over a month now. Yeah, I'm that mom. I'd wash them, and then throw them back in the basket on the table. They were handy, but completely disorganized, and I had to assemble a diaper every time Mason neeeded to be changed. Finally, I got tired of looking at it and bought one of those three-drawer plastic carts. Now, I have assembled diapers all ready to go - two drawers full of them. And then I have extra inserts and doublers in the bottom drawers. I have to assemble them as soon as they are washed, but it saves time when Mason Man needs a diaper change. Plus, less clutter! And, BONUS - two year old entertainment - Gavin likes to push the cart around the house. Yesterday, he put it in his play room just because he wanted it in there. :)

This morning, I finally got our junk drawers organized. Yes - drawers. Most people have a junk drawer. We had THREE. Now, we are down to two. One is a true junk drawer, with pens, scissors, cell phone chargers, and all the random things that everyone NEEDS but no one knows what to do with. The second junk drawer is more of Jordan's tool drawer now. Hammer, screwdrivers, nails, extra light bulbs, etc. Things we don't want to go to the shed to get when we need them. After I was done, I had a garbage bag full of trash and an empty drawer. SCORE.

My next goal is to get the kitchen cabinets organized. We have a ton of storage, but our cabinets are SO HIGH. There is nothing above the third shelf in any of them, because we can't reach it. So the first step to organizing them will be to buy a small stool that I can store in a lower cabinet. :)

See... this is what I do with my days when I'm home. On top of playing with Gavin, changing a million diapers, building towers and zoos and reading books and nursing a baby 8 million times. Moms are super heros.

No comments:

Post a Comment